The player will see it after receiving an S-ranking (at least 170,000 points) in Shetani Riverside without continuing. It makes a deep bellow noise. It acts like a lion when caught quickly. If the player completes Beginner Mode, a shadow of the bird will appear in the ad for players to try Expert Mode. Phorushacos is essentially the "true final boss" of Jambo! Safari as it's the most difficult to unlock.
- What's this thing? (radar)
- (Leader, only one) 16950
- (Leader, only one) +56 seconds
- Phorusrhacos appears in the game, which is set in Africa. The bird itself lived in Patagonia in real life.
- Since rankings are determined by the total sum of ranger points acquired from each stage, achieving an S-rank in Embamba Plains is crucial in order to meet the point requirement for S-rank in Shetani Riverside.
- The Phorusrhacos looks more like a Gastornis/Diatryma in-game. The real Phorusrhacos had thinner legs and looked more like a giant Seriema